This week I began working on a bent lamination concept. This involved making a mold from plywood to wrap the plys of wood around. At my first attempt the ply broke without really any pressure being applied to it. After going home frustrated I decided to soak the plys in my bathtub. I had read that this was a good way to get the wood to soften up for bending.
After a quick soak I returned to the shop and actually got all of the plys bend and glued up. Excited to see what the form would look like in the morning I went home and waited. The next morning I ran to the woodshed before class to check out the results. Unfortunately things hadn't gone as planned. None of the layers had cured together so they all fell apart. Dicouraged I left the shop and returned to the drawing board.